Sunday, June 17, 2012

Creative Hour


http://writingprompts.tumblr.com/post/10524574979/250

As I am beginning to peel back the thin layer of skin on my delicate orange, I carefully toss one into my parched mouth. Over stimulated with zest, my taste buds sense all of the vitamin C and rich nutrients marinating against my once lifeless tongue. My lips begin to press together in which the sensation of the citrus travel up to my pupils and in a matter of seconds my tear ducts fill with a salty substance. Trying to wipe my tears from my eyes, my emotions fill with regret as I forgot to wipe my hands from the acidic liquids secreted by the orange. I run to my bathroom and wash my eyes through some warm water. I go to dry my eyes and instantaneously I see a flash of light. For a second I thought I was dead, but to my belief I was thrown back in time as my younger self. Seeing myself in my own superhero outfit was such an unusual feeling. I was more sculpted, and actually had body tone unlike the current shape I was in. Not only did I notice my muscles, but I also felt amazing. I felt like I could run for miles and not be out of breath. Seeing and being in my “old” self really inspired and got myself to think that I lived my life to the fullest and I shouldn’t be depressed or look down on how I spent my time as a superhero. As this epiphany hit me everything went blurry again and I found myself in my bathroom staring at what was once a so called “superhero”. I soon decided to drag my wrinkled butt back out into my living quarters. I sit myself back down at the table where the oranges were neatly arranged and hesitantly grab out for one. In mid grab I pierce the skin or the perfectly symmetrical orange with my thumb and then SQUIRT! The zest found its way in my eye yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment